Rev. Gene and Diana Edwards

United in Marriage
September 13, 1969


Celebrating 40 years of marriage, we have raised 2 lovely daughters, both of which have grown up to become pastor's wives. We have 5 wonderful grandchildren and one spoiled-rotten Dachshund. We are in our twentieth year pastoring First Baptist Church in Mountain Grove, Missouri. We've been in ministry together since 1976 and continue to enjoy ministering together in many capacities, including revivals, marriage retreats, and prayer conferences. Our newest service is a Sportsman's Program, done in camouflage, ministering to the saved and unsaved. We enjoy hunting, fishing, camping, golfing, and grandparenting. We love living and we enjoy each other! God is our captain and we are thrilled to be following where He leads us.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Personal Testimony

I can remember singing solos before I knew the Lord. I can remember knowing what it was like to be lost. I would go to sleep each night thinking, “If the house caught on fire I would die and go to Hell.” No one ever shared the gospel with me outside the church. As I would sing, I would want to just get through the song and go home. Then I would go right to my room and try to ask Jesus into my heart. I must have asked him in hundreds of times by myself.

I would go back to church for more of this singing so I could experience this powerful spirit that was drawing me to the gospel songs about Jesus. Then one night during revival at Caledonia Baptist Church in Olmsted, IL, we were singing the invitation hymn, “Let Others See Jesus In You.” It was time to give in. I so strongly experienced emotions of Jesus drawing me to Him that I could no longer sing. The Holy Spirit won. As I gave up and started down to the front of the church, this tremendous burden lifted from me the moment I started to leave the pew. I gave testimony that the singing word drew me to salvation.

Then the solos I sang took on a greater meaning. I started a Youth Choir while I was still a youth. That same power I received at age 13 still lives in and through me. I praise the Lord for giving me the gift of Music and Evangelism. I have many testimonies to share with you, your church, or group. My theme, Mountain Top Ministry, will take us up where we belong.

No comments:

Post a Comment